Hi.
I am a complete newbie to Linux. My friend gave me a Knoppix 3.3 Live CD. I finally decided to install it. I want to load it from the ISO image. So, based on a thread in these forums, I idi the following:
1.Formatted my D: drive (20GB) with FAT32 format.
2.Created an ISO image of Live CD with a software called MagicDisc.
3.Copied the ISO to D: (later in Knoppix, I found out D: is known as hda5).
4.Booted from CD.
5.Typed at boot prompt "knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hda5/linux.iso(I have reanmed the file to linux.iso)
6.The Next step was to create a persistent home directory in the same drive, but I found out that Knoppix was still running fom CD, obviously, the BOOT from iso failed.
So, I have a few questions:
1.Was it a good way to make an ISO image?
2.When I run linux from CD, it shows my directory structure to be "/mnt/hda5" while I was told to do "/dev/hda5". Is there something fishy?
3.If I install Knoppix into hard drive(I have 2 hard drives, can't figure out which partition belongs to which drive), it'll partition at least one of them. All other partitions except D: are in NTFS. Will I loose my data?
4.Is "booting from ISO" as good as booting from hard drive?
5.How to make a persistent home in Knoppix???
6.Does my partition need to be in ext2 or ext3 format? Can't it remain in FAT?
Thanks in advance.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00