-
Setting up Wireless in Knoppix 5.01
Hi there. Last night I downloaded 5.01 CD release and booted it up on my Dell laptop which has an Intel PROSET Wireless 2915ABG built in. Knoppix boots up fine, but, whenever I try to use the WLAN Manager to set things up it keep's asking for an administrator password, which I thought was odd to say the least.
And, with that it brings up another question, does 5.01 even support WPA2 encryption? I use that in XP with my wireless router and the laptop, but when I had booted up Knoppix 5.0 DVD release that I also have, it didnt seem to support anything past WEP.
Similar Threads
-
By rpk073 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-14-2005, 12:09 PM
-
By npatchett in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 08:35 AM
-
By Podengo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 09:07 PM
-
By Flitt in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-09-2003, 09:11 AM
-
By standmatt in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-21-2003, 06:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$290.24