-
Junior Member
registered user
setgid: operation not permitted
I'm new to linux based systems and more especially the linux commands.
The last time I ran shell I put the command "chown -hR jathenry /". I was hoping to switch all the file owner ship and permissions over to that account.
That didn't work. I ran shell typed "su", typed my password and now it gives me this error:
setgid: operation not permitted
How can i fix this? And also transfer ownership, or share ownership with root with the permissions?
Thanks,
Similar Threads
-
By sniper in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 05:59 AM
-
By sniper in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 10:17 AM
-
By cfish in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 08:58 AM
-
By kucz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 12:24 PM
-
By CyberDork in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 08:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer
$72.00

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

Atari 400 800 The Communicator II Kit CIB CX488 Modem Cartridge Box
$80.00

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99