-
Change Permission on ext2 formattted drive
I am brand new to linux. I have a Linux PC that had a hard drive die. I have had the data recovered, but when the drive was returned to me, it was formatted with NTFS and is totally viewable through Windows, but cannot be seen by the Linux PC. I need to copy the data from the Windows formatted Drive to an ext2 formatted drive.
I used fdisk to wipe a drive.
I used QTparted to format the drive ext2.
I attempted to copy files to the newly formatted ext2 drive, but it tells me I do not have permission.
I can copy files to the desktop from the NTFS drive without a problem.
I changed the file permissions to "Writable" and allow everyone to change content on the ext2 drive. When I view the properties of the ext2 drive, it tells me that knoppix is the owner and has change permissions.
When I open the drive and check the properties of the window that opens (whitch only lists a "Lost$Found" directory), it tells me root is the owner and everyone else can only view contents.
What gives? Please be gentle with responses, I have only had one AIX course abot 4 years ago and retained nothing. The only Linux command I have successfully used (or so I thought) is QTparted.
Similar Threads
-
By kenny23 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-21-2009, 11:13 AM
-
By pai in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-07-2006, 09:32 PM
-
By gplhl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-05-2006, 01:35 AM
-
By kevingpo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2005, 10:47 PM
-
By myownlittlworld in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Qx2 4-Bay RAID Enclosure + SATA 1394 -USB 2.0 (8TB)
$180.00

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00