Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Setting up Wireless in Knoppix 5.01

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Section 31
    Posts
    1

    Setting up Wireless in Knoppix 5.01

    Hi there. Last night I downloaded 5.01 CD release and booted it up on my Dell laptop which has an Intel PROSET Wireless 2915ABG built in. Knoppix boots up fine, but, whenever I try to use the WLAN Manager to set things up it keep's asking for an administrator password, which I thought was odd to say the least.

    And, with that it brings up another question, does 5.01 even support WPA2 encryption? I use that in XP with my wireless router and the laptop, but when I had booted up Knoppix 5.0 DVD release that I also have, it didnt seem to support anything past WEP.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7

    Re: Setting up Wireless in Knoppix 5.01

    Quote Originally Posted by xQuarkDS9x
    Hi there. Last night I downloaded 5.01 CD release and booted it up on my Dell laptop which has an Intel PROSET Wireless 2915ABG built in. Knoppix boots up fine, but, whenever I try to use the WLAN Manager to set things up it keep's asking for an administrator password, which I thought was odd to say the least.

    And, with that it brings up another question, does 5.01 even support WPA2 encryption? I use that in XP with my wireless router and the laptop, but when I had booted up Knoppix 5.0 DVD release that I also have, it didnt seem to support anything past WEP.
    You must set an administrator password first. With no password set, you cannot configure anything.

    Regards

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 12:09 PM
  2. Setting up NFS Server with Knoppix
    By npatchett in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 08:35 AM
  3. Knoppix 3.3 CONFIG_PARPORT_PC Setting and VMWARE
    By Podengo in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 09:07 PM
  4. Knoppix setting saves and more...
    By Flitt in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2003, 09:11 AM
  5. Help Setting up Wireless Card
    By standmatt in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2003, 06:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS picture

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS

$8199.99



Juniper Networks SRX4100 AC Service Gateway Appliance 8 Port 10G SFP+ Dual PSU picture

Juniper Networks SRX4100 AC Service Gateway Appliance 8 Port 10G SFP+ Dual PSU

$919.00



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch. picture

Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.

$95.55