Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: cannot write on ext hdd

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2

    cannot write on ext hdd

    Hi,
    probably there is something about this in the forum but I couldn't find it...sorry!

    I mounted my external HDD Lacie /mntsda1/ but I cannot write on it, it says: "Read-only file system"
    how can I fix this

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205

    Re: cannot write on ext hdd

    Quote Originally Posted by mcrae
    Hi,
    probably there is something about this in the forum but I couldn't find it...sorry!

    I mounted my external HDD Lacie /mntsda1/ but I cannot write on it, it says: "Read-only file system"
    how can I fix this

    Thanks!
    Right-click on the sda1 icon on the Desktop and select Actions->"Change read/write mode"

    Alternatively, run this from console: sudo mount -o remount,rw /mnt/sda1

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2

    Re: cannot write on ext hdd

    Thanks!
    I a little bit stupid now...didn't expect so simple solution

Similar Threads

  1. Write to a USB
    By drone in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 08:35 PM
  2. Could Not Write to...
    By jim2000 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 02:52 PM
  3. Cannot write to HDs
    By tac in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2004, 02:44 AM
  4. cant write to hdd
    By boo ya in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 12:41 PM
  5. Cannot write to hd HELP!
    By Juggalo_X in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 06:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95