-
hda1 Mounting Trouble
I am trying to get data from an internal HD that has a Debian install on it, but that has boot issues. I am pretty much a noob when it comes to linux administration. The box was compromised and at this point, I would be happy to get a couple of directories tar'd up and emailed to myself and then do a fresh install.
I created a Knoppix live CD from the 5.0.1 iso I downloaded and everything fired up the first time. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to mount the existing, internal, HDD. On my desktop I see the CD, Floppy, Knoppix icon and trash. However, there is nothing about hda1 there. I can browse hda (the partition is 1 in there) with testdisk, but when I try to mount it by making an entry into fstab and then mount it with something like mount /dev/hda1 /media/hd or hda1 (and creating a directory for hda1 in /media) it tells me the drive is mounted already or the mount point is busy.
I just tried the nofstab cheatcode and that didn't help as I got the same busy message.
I am sure I am about a half of a step away from making this work, I just can't seem to figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By AJones in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
-
By sakura_candy in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-23-2006, 06:22 PM
-
By zorblek in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-18-2006, 05:33 AM
-
By NeedHelp1212 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-17-2006, 03:14 AM
-
By hadeschild in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2006, 03:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99