-
Re: hda1 Mounting Trouble

Originally Posted by
malaire
When mounting manually, I usually suggest to mounting to a normal directory outside /media/ or /mnt/ because those might have some special system-settings. Also DO NOT modify fstab, that is not needed and just complicates things.
So try e.g. this:
Code:
mkdir /hda1
mount /dev/hda1 /hda1
And then browse from /hda1 to see if the mounting was successfull.
If this doesn't work, please post any errors you get.
Sweet..... Worked sorta.... I can browse hda1 in the root console, but couldn't use the broswer. Would I have to be running as root user in the GUI. sry noob in this stuff.
Bttw I'm running Knoppix Live CD and I only set the root pass.
Thanks I feel S-M-R-T!
Similar Threads
-
By AJones in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
-
By sakura_candy in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-23-2006, 06:22 PM
-
By zorblek in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-18-2006, 05:33 AM
-
By NeedHelp1212 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-17-2006, 03:14 AM
-
By hadeschild in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2006, 03:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit
$44.99

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99

Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe
$449.99

Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is)
$350.00

IBM Aptiva E5D Intel Pentium II 400MHz 64MB RAM No HDD Vintage Computer 2139E5D
$219.99

VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE
$299.99