-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: hda1 Mounting Trouble

Originally Posted by
Patonb

Originally Posted by
malaire
When mounting manually, I usually suggest to mounting to a normal directory outside /media/ or /mnt/ because those might have some special system-settings. Also DO NOT modify fstab, that is not needed and just complicates things.
So try e.g. this:
Code:
mkdir /hda1
mount /dev/hda1 /hda1
And then browse from /hda1 to see if the mounting was successfull.
If this doesn't work, please post any errors you get.
Sweet..... Worked sorta.... I can browse hda1 in the root console, but couldn't use the broswer. Would I have to be running as root user in the GUI. sry noob in this stuff.
Bttw I'm running Knoppix Live CD and I only set the root pass.
Thanks I feel S-M-R-T!
After mounting, you could try chmod 0777 /hda1 from root-console and then try to browse it again.
Someone said in another message that this helps (at least in some cases).
(I don't really understand all the different permission-problems which can happen when mounting.)
An alternative would be to start e.g. Konqueror as root-user, e.g. with konqueror --profile filemanagement from root-console. This gives quite many errors for me, but seems to work. I don't know if those errors are significant or not.
Similar Threads
-
By AJones in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
-
By sakura_candy in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-23-2006, 06:22 PM
-
By zorblek in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-18-2006, 05:33 AM
-
By NeedHelp1212 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-17-2006, 03:14 AM
-
By hadeschild in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2006, 03:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF
$57.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$448.20

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Kingston 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-RB1-11 ECC REG Server Memory HP24D4R7D4MAM-32
$140.00

SK Hynix 32GB 2133p DDR4 LRDIMM ECC Server RAM Memory | HMA84GL7AMR4N-TF Lot
$128.00

Synology 4GB ECC SOD DDR4 D4ES04-4G
$129.99

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$305.01