-
Memory not enough!
I am just trying out a Knoppix Live CD on my home PC -- AMD Athlon 2 GHz; 128 MB RAM; 40 GB HDD; Win XP Pro. Everything goes fine until I get the message ''Not enough memory to start KDE -- at least 86 MB required" and am greeted with a shell prompt.
Since I am new to Linux, the shell prompt isn't exactly what I want to start with and I am quite lost. Why isn't KDE starting, when I apparently have enough memory. Even the Knoppix official site says 128 MB should be enough for everything to work almost.
Phiji
Similar Threads
-
By polopolo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-17-2006, 12:15 PM
-
By bob151 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 11:26 PM
-
By PCalitracck in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 03:04 AM
-
By pro-logic in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 10:26 PM
-
By rrolsbe in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage North Star Horizon 5.25” Software Lot FORTH Pascal FinalWord Cranston
$199.95

IBM 3270 Keyboard Beam Spring - With Manual - Vintage Rare Beamspring
$3000.00

Vintage Epson Apex Plus AP3001A Dual 360K Disk Drives PC w/ Epson Apex Keyboard
$249.95
![Compaq Presario 5BW284: Intel Pentium III, 40GB HD, 256MB Ram [Windows 98SE] picture](/store/img/g/5ywAAeSwNrpqwcku/s-l225/Compaq-Presario-5BW284-Intel-Pentium-III-40GB-HD-2.jpg)
Compaq Presario 5BW284: Intel Pentium III, 40GB HD, 256MB Ram [Windows 98SE]
$169.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage IBM Aptiva E Series Beige Desktop Computer Case Only 1998
$74.99

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00

Vintage Kaypro Eeco ME 101 AT XT Mechanical Computer Keyboard Works
$69.95

Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00

Vintage Educational Laptop Computer By National Encyclopedia Corp W/box & Insert
$99.99