-
Problem of MTU of eth0 when connected to ADSL modem
I encountered problem in Knoppix 5.0.1, when trying to config pppoe. The script reports that the eh0 has a MTU of 64.
Here is my configration: eth0 (Intel Pro 10/100 network card) -> ADSL modem (prolink hurricane 9000/B) -> phone line.
After boot up, even before I start the pppoe script, I did a ifconfig and found that the eth0 is really configured with MTU 64. With this MTU of 64, I can not start pppoe properly. I have to do this before I can get the pppoe script to work:
1. ifconfig eth0 down
2. ifconfig eth0 mtu 1500
3. start the pppoe script with eth0 still in down state (otherwise the pppoe can not find the concentrator).
With the exactly the same hardware, I don't have this issue in knoppix 4.0.2.
Any clue why 5.0.1 configures my eth0 wrongly? How to fix it?
Thanks,
pubo
Similar Threads
-
By LinuxBlitz in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-04-2006, 01:53 AM
-
By Matodo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-09-2005, 11:35 PM
-
By Marty in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-31-2005, 05:24 PM
-
By RobD in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 12:34 PM
-
By d2k in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2003, 06:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC
$115.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00