Quote Originally Posted by drb
1) Download ISO EN and create A CD installer for KNOPPIX. ***I'd start with Kanotix as it is more suited to HD installation, is virtually debian and so dependencies are not an issue when adding software*****
drb, I agree with you completely that Kanotix is not known to have some of the install problems that Knoppix is infamous for. But what advantage do you see in suggesting Kanotix over Debian itself? Particularly in this case where Linux is being added to a small laptop drive that already has XP? I would think that it would be far better to do a Debian install and apt-get exactly the applictions desired, that way there would be no fat, no extra space wasting applications installed that the user has no interest in. Am I missing something in that thinking, or do people just have a "I must install something that is already a live CD to get Debian" mindset?