You might have an invalid/corrupt DVD.Originally Posted by jimihieu
Did you check the MD5SUM of the downloaded ISO-file?
Did you burn with slow speed?
when i boot up the LiveDVD it said...
invalid something about insmod
dropping you to a very limited shell....
anyone has any idea please?
thanx
You might have an invalid/corrupt DVD.Originally Posted by jimihieu
Did you check the MD5SUM of the downloaded ISO-file?
Did you burn with slow speed?
it seem like whenever i download a large ISO DVD file MD5sum never seem to be corrected...
I even tried to download again and md5sum still not correct.
does anyone know what is the problem?
it ok for CD iso but for large DVD iso it just cant be right....
If you're downloading to a FAT partition then your problem is that FAT can't hold the 5.0.1 ISO, it's too large. 4.02 yes, 5.0.1 is slightly larger than the 4 gig - 1 byte limit.Originally Posted by jimihieu
Otherwise your problem is almost certainly that you are not using BitTorrent, or not using a recent version of BitTorrent. Old versions of BitTorrent (most or all before 4.0, I'm not quite sure where the cutoff is) also had a problem with file transfers greater than 4 gig. And I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that some alternate programs that use the BitTorrent protocol might also suffer from this problem, even with recent versions (some deliver adware/spyware too when installed). And my own experience with mirror downloads before BitTorrent was available was that about 50% of the CD ISOs that I downloaded failed to match the md5 sum and were bad. I find it hard to understand that people still insist on using the slower mirrors and risk bad downloads for the large DVD ISO when BitTorrent is faster and will check for and repair any problems that do crop up in the ISO automatically, but I know that happens.
Hi All!
I'm new to DVD burns and such. So, please bear with me.
I need to know what is the latest version of the KNOPPIX DVD and where to get it.
Also, can I burn a DVD with cdrecord like I do the a CDR?
TIA,
AJG
jimi, dont waste time burning if md5 fails. It's not there as a joke (except on Ubuntu downloads of course when they cant manage to post the right md5sums for thier files)
The problem is certainly the 4GB limit as said above.
Mr Garcia. growisofs is what you want.
I can't get cdrecord to recognize my dvd burner, but K3B works fine....
Thanx,
AJG

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00
HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99