Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: USB bootable Knoppix: how do I make the install read/write ?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Londen, UK
    Posts
    3

    USB bootable Knoppix: how do I make the install read/write ?

    I have installed a Knoppix-based distro (Puppy Linux) on a 2Gb USB memory stick. How do I make the installation writeable to the USB so that all settings/changes are made permanent ?
    Currently, all settings are not lost whenever I restart.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205

    Re: USB bootable Knoppix: how do I make the install read/wri

    Quote Originally Posted by gerasmus
    I have installed a Knoppix-based distro (Puppy Linux) on a 2Gb USB memory stick. How do I make the installation writeable to the USB so that all settings/changes are made permanent ?
    Currently, all settings are not lost whenever I restart.
    Puppy Linux is quite different from Knoppix, so you might get better help from its forums at http://www.puppyos.com/forums.htm

Similar Threads

  1. Changing USB install to read-write
    By raesene in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 06:01 PM
  2. Poor Man's Install - Can't change read/write mode
    By Nick889 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 05:00 AM
  3. unable to make install - read-only file system
    By knopppixnewbie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
  4. Change OS read only file to read/write after "poor man'
    By Needtoknow in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 02:27 AM
  5. How to make partition read-write
    By woodjack in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 07:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A picture

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A

$89.95



Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM picture

Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM

$19.99



Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2133MHz DIMM 288-Pin CMK16GX4M2A2133C13 picture

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2133MHz DIMM 288-Pin CMK16GX4M2A2133C13

$60.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q

$185.00