Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: USB bootable Knoppix: how do I make the install read/write ?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Londen, UK
    Posts
    3

    USB bootable Knoppix: how do I make the install read/write ?

    I have installed a Knoppix-based distro (Puppy Linux) on a 2Gb USB memory stick. How do I make the installation writeable to the USB so that all settings/changes are made permanent ?
    Currently, all settings are not lost whenever I restart.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205

    Re: USB bootable Knoppix: how do I make the install read/wri

    Quote Originally Posted by gerasmus
    I have installed a Knoppix-based distro (Puppy Linux) on a 2Gb USB memory stick. How do I make the installation writeable to the USB so that all settings/changes are made permanent ?
    Currently, all settings are not lost whenever I restart.
    Puppy Linux is quite different from Knoppix, so you might get better help from its forums at http://www.puppyos.com/forums.htm

Similar Threads

  1. Changing USB install to read-write
    By raesene in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 06:01 PM
  2. Poor Man's Install - Can't change read/write mode
    By Nick889 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 05:00 AM
  3. unable to make install - read-only file system
    By knopppixnewbie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
  4. Change OS read only file to read/write after "poor man'
    By Needtoknow in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 02:27 AM
  5. How to make partition read-write
    By woodjack in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 07:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$330.73



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$139.99



1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop picture

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop

$29.99



Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive

$29.99