Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: USB bootable Knoppix: how do I make the install read/write ?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Londen, UK
    Posts
    3

    USB bootable Knoppix: how do I make the install read/write ?

    I have installed a Knoppix-based distro (Puppy Linux) on a 2Gb USB memory stick. How do I make the installation writeable to the USB so that all settings/changes are made permanent ?
    Currently, all settings are not lost whenever I restart.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205

    Re: USB bootable Knoppix: how do I make the install read/wri

    Quote Originally Posted by gerasmus
    I have installed a Knoppix-based distro (Puppy Linux) on a 2Gb USB memory stick. How do I make the installation writeable to the USB so that all settings/changes are made permanent ?
    Currently, all settings are not lost whenever I restart.
    Puppy Linux is quite different from Knoppix, so you might get better help from its forums at http://www.puppyos.com/forums.htm

Similar Threads

  1. Changing USB install to read-write
    By raesene in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 06:01 PM
  2. Poor Man's Install - Can't change read/write mode
    By Nick889 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 05:00 AM
  3. unable to make install - read-only file system
    By knopppixnewbie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
  4. Change OS read only file to read/write after "poor man'
    By Needtoknow in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 02:27 AM
  5. How to make partition read-write
    By woodjack in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 07:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Lot of 3~BAD~NON-WORKING Micron 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V-LE2 Server RAM Memory DDR4 picture

Lot of 3~BAD~NON-WORKING Micron 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V-LE2 Server RAM Memory DDR4

$600.00



Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM picture

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM

$286.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



LOT OF 4  Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ picture

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ

$469.95



Lot of 2~BAD~NON-WORKING Micron 64GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-RB3 Server RAM Memory DDR4 picture

Lot of 2~BAD~NON-WORKING Micron 64GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-RB3 Server RAM Memory DDR4

$400.00



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00