-
Junior Member
registered user
Two hardware-related problems with Knoppix 5.0.1
G'day everyone,
Am a complete newbie to Linux, so sorry if I stuff up with terminology etc...
Am trying to get my Knoppix 5.0.1 to work, and it's doing great apart from 2 things:
1. Printers. I have a Samsung ML-1710 and when I try and configure it using the Configure Printers utility, I keep getting told that the driver doesn't exist. An earlier post suggested trying to configure it as a similar printer for which drivers exist (e.g. Samsung ML-1210), and I tried that, except it doesn't seem to work for any similar printers 
2. Net connection. Konqueror seems to work fine, but Firefox just times out. I tried to use the network card configuration utility, but got a bit confused by the terms it asked for. Here's what I know from my Network connection settings in Windows XP: Address (assigned by DHCP), IP (xxx.xxx.1.2), Subnet (255.255.255.0) and Gateway (xxx.xxx.1.1). How do I get Knoppix to reflect this? I also tried to use the ADSL configuration utility, and I jst get timeouts all the time :S
If there's any particular output you need from a certain program or command prompt, please let me know. Otherwise any help would be greatly appreciated. I have seen solutions to similar sounding problems in the forums, but either they refer to an old ve4rsion of Knoppix or I've tried them and they don't work.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Similar Threads
-
By Dark_W0lf in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-12-2006, 08:47 PM
-
By Doppelbock in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-19-2004, 01:21 AM
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By Yattaman in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 07:10 PM
-
By iconfly in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-03-2003, 07:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00