-
Knoppix 5.0 can't find KNOPPIX file system Please HELP
My XP Laptop won't bootand i have been told that i could use Knoppix to save my files and then reformat the hard drive. So I downloaded the Knoppix 5.0 cd and burnt it on a CD-RW as an image.
I managed to boot from the cd but all of a sudden this came up:
"Accessing KNOPPIX CD at /dev/hdc...insmod: can't read '/cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/cloop.ko': I/0 error
Can't find Knoppix Filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you into a (very limited) shell."
I dont know what to do, I desperately want to save the data on my laptop and reformat it, but knoppix won't let me.
Have i done something wrong? Do I need to change something in /modules?
Please help me get it up and running so i can finally use my laptop again. I would be extremely thankful for any help whatsoever.
thank you everyone
Armin
Similar Threads
-
By gurustered in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-01-2007, 06:53 PM
-
By Clark in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-03-2006, 05:37 AM
-
By snippy in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 02:49 PM
-
By Spool32 in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-18-2004, 08:26 PM
-
By BiggJeff74 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 05:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$305.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00