View Poll Results: Should this post to pick the "Best" Linux distro out of a list of only 5 that lacks Debian
- Voters
- 7. You may not vote on this poll
-
It's a great post, look, a pretty chart!
-
It's about Linux, so it's on topic, leave it.
-
Pick the "best" Linux from a list of only 5? And best for what? Looks like spam to draw views to another site.
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
drb
What is this thread about?
Which is the best Linux? Then vote for 1 of these 5? And 14.3% = 1 vote by simple analysis!!!
Interesting perspective....Knoppix is my favorite and my primary OS.....
what is this about?
This is about a guy who loves to test distros 60+
and has come up with a list...of the top 5 distros,....based on what? based on hardware preformance....
I test on two different computers, an older computer and a newer computer,...with advanced hardware....
Debian was not included because Debian will not work on my new computer, Ubuntu won't either so why include Ubuntu? because Ubuntu works on my older computer...subjectivity is the key here.....
this is not meant to be a set standard of any sort...
this isn't meant to be spam (which I consider the worst and most insultive word on a forum) this coming from a guy who runs his own Linux Portal, which includes a Linux Forum....(I also happen to be a mod on Ubuntuforums)...which I constantly post how great Knoppix is and not one word of spam...I guess this is a difference in community?
here take a look at how the Ubuntu community welcomes a thread dedicated to Knoppix
Title: "I find Knoppix the best to install and use ! (after trying a lot of distros [50+]"
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=262529
now as far as the spam assertion in the poll I find a bit offensive especially how I have constantly recommended and refered Knoppix.
to see what I am about go to the non-profit foundation I have started: http://cafelinux.org/
I still like knoppix and always will,....my apologies for not being more active in the community here but I have been busy...
cheers
yozef
Similar Threads
-
By Kowood in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 08:23 AM
-
By jMon54 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 12:13 PM
-
By altella2005 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 03:20 AM
-
By dewd in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2004, 02:19 AM
-
By estranged in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 08:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Dell 3KDWX PERC H755 12Gb/s SAS 8GB RAID Controller
$950.00

Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN
$55.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00