View Poll Results: Should this post to pick the "Best" Linux distro out of a list of only 5 that lacks Debian
- Voters
- 7. You may not vote on this poll
-
It's a great post, look, a pretty chart!
-
It's about Linux, so it's on topic, leave it.
-
Pick the "best" Linux from a list of only 5? And best for what? Looks like spam to draw views to another site.
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
drb
I'd try Kanotix if you say "Debian" doesn't work on your computer. I haven't found one computer it doesn't work on in two years from PIII upwards. It's Debian with better hardware detection.
I used to think Knoppix for LiveCD use and Kanotix for a hard drive install but I now use Kanotix for both. These are all developments and Knoppix was the seed for many distros to start, and improve, from the original. What is 'improvement' - for some it's Kanotix, for some it's Ubuntu etc. - both very different so defining the 'best' is difficult as peoples' requirements are so different.
This is the third recommendation for Kanotix....so I will difinately try this....I am also going to try the most recent Debian version, I hope it works I have heard great reviews about Etch
Similar Threads
-
By Kowood in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 08:23 AM
-
By jMon54 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 12:13 PM
-
By altella2005 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 03:20 AM
-
By dewd in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2004, 02:19 AM
-
By estranged in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 08:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98