-
Laptop HP dv5094EA, no wireless connect with Knoppix 5.0.1
I presently have a successful XP wireless connection from my Laptop HP dv5094EA to a 'central' PC (XP) with a Belkin Wireless G Router.
I have so far failed to make a wireless laptop Internet connection using Linux Knoppix 5.0.1 live DVD (from Linux User & Developer, issue 65), after successful Knoppix installation (but only with 'cheat' nodma). I am no expert but have faithfully tried many of the wireless-connect options. In particular I have tried to use bcmwl5.inf & bcmwl5.sys (from XP C:\swsetup\SP33008A\ ) in Knoppix|Internet|Nvdiask.. (? sorry, bottom option, cannot easily reboot DVD to check correct name) by copying from hda1 and then a console dos2unix, but was rejected with "not a *.inf file, or file does not exist", or similar. I have tried several forum suggestions under networking and laptops, without success.
I would greatly value any help, or pointers to help. Please do not assume that I have done everything obvious and sensible, it might be the simplest foolishness.
Similar Threads
-
By Canard blanc in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-18-2009, 04:24 AM
-
By REAL_ALE in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-02-2008, 11:37 PM
-
By davidxcohen in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-25-2006, 07:55 AM
-
By zxcvbnm2bg in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-10-2006, 08:42 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 09:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 24-Core 50CAL 1PK DVD + KEY Kit
$59.99