This sounds a bit similar to Movix: which puts 8MB of files onto a CD (or DVD) to make it boot and automatically play any videos on that CD. And movix can be run from windows too I think:
http://movix.sourceforge.net
ok, I have several movies that are DIVX or XVID format. What I would like to come up with is a way I can have a knoppix live cd that will autorun any .avi .mpg .mov etc. cd's I put into my DVD drive as well as DVDs. And with a dual display vid card it will output to my tv. Please keep in mind I'm a windows user that just found knoppix so I know little about scripts, remastering, etc. Consider me a dumb end userAny ideas or can somebody do this?
This sounds a bit similar to Movix: which puts 8MB of files onto a CD (or DVD) to make it boot and automatically play any videos on that CD. And movix can be run from windows too I think:
http://movix.sourceforge.net
I won't say that this can't be done with Knoppix but you might have better luck with Movix
Movix is a bootable disc that you can put files onto and watch OR you can boot the disc, remove it and then use Mplayer to watch a DVD for example. It doesn't run from windows per se' it's a bootable disc so the OS that's installed to the hdd is irrelevant.Originally Posted by sim
not exactly what I'm looking for but I think it's close enough!!! Thanks guys!I may still be interested in the project I want to do but when i am I'll talk to you again. I think I'll probably go with morphix though cause it's a smaller distro.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99