-
How to partition and format a dead windows computer.
Hello folks. I am a beginning knoppix user. I have had a knoppix ISO CD for about 18 months but until recently I never had a PERSONAL computer that it would run well on.
In any case. I am a systems admin for a small non-profit. Basically I got tasked to do all computer related in the company becasue I knew more then anyone else
. Anyway I am pretty versed in networking,CISCO IOS, Windows 98,ME,2k and xp, e.t.c
We have a computer in the admin office that is cannot "find" its C: drive. Everytime try to run setup from the manf. recovery CD it reads the partition and gives me the size of the partition but hen says that the drive is not availible. IF (BIG IF) the adaptor is fine and the drive platter is not damaged I would like to be able to format this as and NTFS partition ( Or even a FAT partition just so I can use the recovery CD to format it) using the KNOPPIX CD. I am actually writting this post on that machine using mozilla under knoppix after I rebooted using the knoppix cd.
The major problems is that I know VERY little about knoppix and how to do this.
Even before you say it. NO I cannot put knoppix on this machine's hard drive. The admin. assistantants in this company are too use to using windows. The would be up in arms at having to learn anything else. To give you and example I wanted to switch them over to MS Office from Wordperfect Suite but I faced a rebellion.
Thanks in Advance
Similar Threads
-
By Slay3r in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 09:18 PM
-
By transistorman57508 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 05:49 AM
-
By someguyonthestreet in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:55 PM
-
By Ross Clement in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-26-2003, 07:23 AM
-
By angelve in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 04:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Timetec MS10 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 3D NAND SSD 35TTFP6PCIE-1TB
$89.99

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00