-
Clarification on solution to Internet problem
Can someone please explain to me what this person did to fix his internet problem?
http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/kno...-problems.html
I have the exact same problem as him, and the exact same motherboard (couldn't believe my luck when I saw that). I also cannot access the internet in any way; Firefox, Konqueror, and GAIM do not work.
He seems to have figured out his problem, however I have no idea what he did since I have minimal networking knowledge and no programming knowledge. I'm more of a hardware person...
-
I agree
/me slapz rostlin
more info required
(( I have an enquiring mind ))
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Clarification on solution to Internet problem

Originally Posted by
Flanker
He seems to have figured out his problem, however I have no idea what he did since I have minimal networking knowledge and no programming knowledge. I'm more of a hardware person...
He seems to be saying that he only used command route add default gw <ip> where <ip> seems to be the ip-address of the gateway.
So if you know the ip-address of the gateway, and want to try that, just use that command from the Konsole and see if it helps.
-
I typed in "route add default gw 192.168.0.01" and it just gave me the error;
SIOCADDRT: Operation not permitted
Should I use the actual IP?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
Flanker
I typed in "route add default gw 192.168.0.01" and it just gave me the error;
SIOCADDRT: Operation not permitted
Should I use the actual IP?
What actual IP do you think that you could use for a default gateway? The likely reason that you got that error is that you probably tried to do it as the knoppix user and not as root. try sudo route add default gw 192.168.0.1 and see if that doesn't work.
Similar Threads
-
By hotplainrice in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-16-2006, 01:12 AM
-
By pic16f84a in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-27-2006, 12:13 PM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum News
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 12:08 PM
-
By tubeman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 01:55 PM
-
By estranged in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-13-2003, 10:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p
$89.99

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91