-
ethernet detected though connection not established
Hardware fully working on Debian etch.
With KNOPPIX 5.0.1 from CD
Ethernet card detected
00:0d.0 Ethernet controller: Davicom Semiconductor, Inc. 21x4x DEC-Tulip compati
ble 10/100 Ethernet (rev 40)
Subsystem: Unknown device 4554:434e
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 11
I/O ports at d000 [size=256]
Memory at cfffcf00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
Expansion ROM at cff80000 [disabled] [size=256K]
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
line-led on Zyxel router blinks, though no internet connection is established. I also noticed durink knoppix launch that DHCP was launched.
# dhclient
which I use on debian, is not recognized by knoppix
thanks for help
francesco
-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix uses pump and not dhclient. This is one of the differences between Debian Etch and Knoppix. pump performs about the same functions as dhclient. I don't use it very often, but the options are all given in the man pump. To see what your network settings are, type pump -s. pump -i eth1 will make eth1 try to get an ip from your dhcp.
You can also try using the network card configuration option which is at Knoppix menu (penguin) -> network/internet -> network card configuration.
-
#pump
#pump -s
#pump -i eth1
all reported <operation failed>
#pump -i eth0
communicated with router but after a while <operation failed>
Re-tried network config: protocol dhcp
sending DHCP for device eth0
<failed>
I did not attempt no dhcp protocols, although I know data for router and provider, in fear of disrupting my networking in Debian at a period i cannot afford that.
In conclusion, for the time being, I am down with networking and worse with card reader (as an attempt before going to buy expensive flash card for a scientific travel in the south seas, ideally bringing with me knoppix and flash card). That is bad because i risk to bring with me an OpenOffice Impress presentation that I might like to change on place.
I recognize however that want I would like to have it is not so obvious to get.
francesco
Similar Threads
-
By Steven2ic in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-08-2006, 10:04 PM
-
By Lachinger in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-24-2005, 11:41 AM
-
By babelbrennt in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-14-2005, 05:09 PM
-
By pterandon in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 05:57 PM
-
By RigasW in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 12:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99