-
(mail)server simulator
I wonder if this is possible with Knoppix:
for an educational project I would like to simulate a mail server.
I want to simulate two PC's, one sends an e-mail to the other.
I want to display the mail server (pop3) of the ISP, receiving the TCP/IP packets (e-mail message)
I also want to have a sniffer, which receives the e-mail message (man-in-the-middle or hacker)
With this simulation I want to show the importance of security awareness
If it's possible, please inform me about the steps to take with Knoppix
Mark
Similar Threads
-
By Anders S in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-11-2009, 08:58 PM
-
By pau1knopp in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-28-2006, 01:51 PM
-
By roustabout in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 01:28 PM
-
By colin stewart in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 08:16 PM
-
By quakes in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-05-2003, 12:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98