Hi, wonder if you could aid please.
MY situation is this -
I've managed to do the hard drive install of Knoppix 5 live and its gone well.
I can get my wireless WG311T working and on the net as ath0.
Problem is I'm wanting to use Airsnort and when I go into it if does nothing.
I have the madwifi drivers and presume they are installed as I edited Kismet.conf to read source=madwifi_ag,ath0,atheros and is works in Kisemt so I presume the drivers are present. Without the entrance into Kismet kismet won't run for me so I guess the madwifi drivers are there.
I've read alot about saying the madwifi drivers have to be 'patched' Can someone tell me if this 'patch' just means I have to have the regular drivers or if the 'patch' actually alters the Madwifi drivers as they are and adds something to them? From what I have read it points towards adding
something to the already existing bog-standard Madwifi drivers which allows 'packet injection' when using the likes of Airsnort / Aircrack etc. IS THIS CORRECT? Do I need to get a patch for my already existing Madwifi drivers? HELP ! PLEASE !
Regardless I wish the ability of packet injection. How can I see if it has it?
I also read the to get AIRSNORT to work I need to do some kind of virtual lan emulation and point the ath0 to ath1 or something - is this correct too ?
Any answers would be appreciated there is much conflicting information confusing me !
Ta

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Micron 1300 MTFDDAK256TDL 256 GB SATA III 2.5 in Solid State Drive
$24.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$42.99
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00