Hi, wonder if you could aid please.
MY situation is this -
I've managed to do the hard drive install of Knoppix 5 live and its gone well.
I can get my wireless WG311T working and on the net as ath0.
Problem is I'm wanting to use Airsnort and when I go into it if does nothing.
I have the madwifi drivers and presume they are installed as I edited Kismet.conf to read source=madwifi_ag,ath0,atheros and is works in Kisemt so I presume the drivers are present. Without the entrance into Kismet kismet won't run for me so I guess the madwifi drivers are there.
I've read alot about saying the madwifi drivers have to be 'patched' Can someone tell me if this 'patch' just means I have to have the regular drivers or if the 'patch' actually alters the Madwifi drivers as they are and adds something to them? From what I have read it points towards adding
something to the already existing bog-standard Madwifi drivers which allows 'packet injection' when using the likes of Airsnort / Aircrack etc. IS THIS CORRECT? Do I need to get a patch for my already existing Madwifi drivers? HELP ! PLEASE !
Regardless I wish the ability of packet injection. How can I see if it has it?
I also read the to get AIRSNORT to work I need to do some kind of virtual lan emulation and point the ath0 to ath1 or something - is this correct too ?
Any answers would be appreciated there is much conflicting information confusing me !
Ta

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari 1010 Cassette Recorder/Player, Power Adapter. Partial function.
$42.00
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested
$149.99
atari 400 Upgraded 48k board & mpp-1100 working & Power Supply
$109.65
Broken Indus GT Floppy Disk Drive for Atari
$129.99
Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29