-
Madwifi and Patching
Hi, wonder if you could aid please.
MY situation is this -
I've managed to do the hard drive install of Knoppix 5 live and its gone well.
I can get my wireless WG311T working and on the net as ath0.
Problem is I'm wanting to use Airsnort and when I go into it if does nothing.
I have the madwifi drivers and presume they are installed as I edited Kismet.conf to read source=madwifi_ag,ath0,atheros and is works in Kisemt so I presume the drivers are present. Without the entrance into Kismet kismet won't run for me so I guess the madwifi drivers are there.
I've read alot about saying the madwifi drivers have to be 'patched' Can someone tell me if this 'patch' just means I have to have the regular drivers or if the 'patch' actually alters the Madwifi drivers as they are and adds something to them? From what I have read it points towards adding
something to the already existing bog-standard Madwifi drivers which allows 'packet injection' when using the likes of Airsnort / Aircrack etc. IS THIS CORRECT? Do I need to get a patch for my already existing Madwifi drivers? HELP ! PLEASE !
Regardless I wish the ability of packet injection. How can I see if it has it?
I also read the to get AIRSNORT to work I need to do some kind of virtual lan emulation and point the ath0 to ath1 or something - is this correct too ?
Any answers would be appreciated there is much conflicting information confusing me !
Ta
Similar Threads
-
By koolaide187 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 10:55 AM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 11:05 AM
-
By pro-logic in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 11:43 PM
-
By ozfrog in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-12-2003, 09:31 AM
-
By sireasoning in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2003, 03:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$90.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00