Hi,
I want to remaster a knoppix cd with zcip installed to set a IP adress without dhcp server.
I made an init script that does this (in short terms):
ifconfig eth0 up
zcip -i eth0
When zcip get started at boot time (after the dhcpc normally runs),
I get this:
probing for 169.254.3.94
audit(1160028982.449:2): dev=eth0 prom=256 old_prom=0 auid=4294967295
audit(1160028990.466:3): dev=eth0 prom=0 old_prom=256 auid=4294967295
claiming ownership of address 169.254.3.94
not storing IP for eth0 (not implemented yet!)
succesfully acquired an IP address, backgrounding
all subsequent output will go to the syslog
zcip[2929]: watching for collisions
zcip[2929]: pcap error: recvform: Network is down
After startup, I can see that eth0 is really down.
But debug in put into the init script tell me that it was up.
Somehow eth0 get shut down when the dhcp client is off or didn't set an IP.
When I start the init script from xterm after bootup, everything works as expected.
I got similar issues with zeroconf (alternative to zcip).
It doesn't matter if I disable dhcp (knoppix nodhcp).
I hope someone can help.
Largo

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99