-
Senior Member
registered user
If however I type modprobe snd-seq in a terminal qjackctrl works perfectly with no errors afterwards. I'd just like to have it automatically load at boot time(snd-seq).
You could try to "save configuration" which will create a knoppix.sh file on some hard disk. Then edit the knoppix.sh file to include a "modprobe snd-seq" line at the end. On reboot, issue the cheat code "knoppix myconfig=scan". Knoppix will then scan you disks for the knoppix.sh file and execute the knoppix.sh script, which should include running the modprobe command you want.
-

Originally Posted by
WaKa
Ok
To get snd-seq loaded try this:
make a copy
cp /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig0
then write in the knoppix-autoconfig about line number 789
# Load snd-seq module
modprobe snd-seq >/dev/null 2>&1
and save it
check out lspci before and after configuration on:
snd
see if this works
Thanks for the reply.
I fear this does not work either lspci says exaclty the same thing before and after.
Checked the /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig file to see if it had saved correctly, which had been.
I really thought this would work
I'd really like to know how knoppix is working, back to the blackboard for me.
-
At last I've sussed it, and it turned out to be quite simple!
It seems a modules file is created for each kernel, I had several different kernels one of which is Kernel-2.6.16-1-multimedia
so I added the module snd_seq to /etc/modules-2.6.16-1-multimedia; This is then automatically loaded into the modules file
at boot time.
Similar Threads
-
By sudeepak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-15-2008, 11:55 PM
-
By s-r-b in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2006, 03:52 PM
-
By soumya in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-23-2006, 08:09 AM
-
By cumulus in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-23-2004, 03:57 AM
-
By gus in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$44.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00