-
Junior Member
registered user
PPPoE connection problems!
I too have been using the same Knoppix as you.
In a rather twisted way, I'm pleased to hear that someone else is having similar PPPoE problems as me. This 'connection' issue seems to come up quite often.
If it is of any help read the thread "Inability to connect to the Internet" and other similar threads, mine is quite long and the end result is that I have given up here as I felt I was not getting anywhere with the advise given. In addition I don't fully understand the jargon used and those that use the jargon don't give plain English explanations. Very difficult.
I am now looking at other distributions in the hope that I can 'get connected' without routers and the like.
I have seen a website that states that after the Linux kernel 2.4.17 this PPPoE facility for broadband was built in. However the tools to use it seem to be elusive.
Have a look too at the website http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pengui...e_rp-pppoe.php
For me downloading is no problem, but I don't know how to install the programme, being new to Linux, also it seems to be somewhat dated, so there may be newer versions around.
The best of luck
Similar Threads
-
By Gusse in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2010, 04:10 PM
-
By cn_agxgx in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-07-2007, 04:12 AM
-
By loksipan in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-05-2006, 08:24 AM
-
By b0 in forum Networking
Replies: 11
Last Post: 09-25-2005, 03:49 PM
-
By funky in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$117.45