-
PPPoE connection problems!
I use Knoppix 5.0.1 live cd
I set up the pppoe network from the ADSL/PPPoE menu...i entered yes yes yes yes...to all the steps...i set the username and the password...at the end...i opened a terminal...i wrote ifconfig and the connection apeard to me like i was connected...i gain the ip adress from my provider i was reciving pakets...everything looks ok...to me (i`m new in linux...very new). When i opened a browser to enter a web page...didn`t worked...like i was not connected...
What should i do ?
-
Junior Member
registered user
PPPoE connection problems!
I too have been using the same Knoppix as you.
In a rather twisted way, I'm pleased to hear that someone else is having similar PPPoE problems as me. This 'connection' issue seems to come up quite often.
If it is of any help read the thread "Inability to connect to the Internet" and other similar threads, mine is quite long and the end result is that I have given up here as I felt I was not getting anywhere with the advise given. In addition I don't fully understand the jargon used and those that use the jargon don't give plain English explanations. Very difficult.
I am now looking at other distributions in the hope that I can 'get connected' without routers and the like.
I have seen a website that states that after the Linux kernel 2.4.17 this PPPoE facility for broadband was built in. However the tools to use it seem to be elusive.
Have a look too at the website http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pengui...e_rp-pppoe.php
For me downloading is no problem, but I don't know how to install the programme, being new to Linux, also it seems to be somewhat dated, so there may be newer versions around.
The best of luck
Similar Threads
-
By Gusse in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2010, 04:10 PM
-
By cn_agxgx in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-07-2007, 04:12 AM
-
By loksipan in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-05-2006, 08:24 AM
-
By b0 in forum Networking
Replies: 11
Last Post: 09-25-2005, 03:49 PM
-
By funky in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SK Hynix 32GB(1x32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V-R DDR4 ECC Memory RDIMM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$200.00

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2400T-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$340.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98