-
No X server
Hello knoppix users 
Recently I changed computer and installed Fedora Core 5, and I'd like to have a look at how Knoppix configures internet so I'd know what to do with FC, but when I try to load the X server my screen goes black and displays an "Out of range" message and goes into power saving mode.
I know this has already happened to other users but I couldn't find many answers just people with the same problem. So does anyone have a solution?
I should mention that although the cheatcodes I tried didn't help, when I load Knoppix in failsafe mode it successfully loads the X server - but there's no internet connection so I can't look at the internet configuration.
Also, I'd be glad if you can point me to some internet configuration files used in knoppix (stuff like /etc/hosts and interface configuration files).
Thanks in advance
Similar Threads
-
By rhpot1991 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-23-2004, 08:08 PM
-
By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-05-2004, 11:15 AM
-
By cmcclean in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 01:52 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 12:32 PM
-
By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)
$69.95

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99