Ok, I recently ran update and spent a few hours updating Knoppix. When I rebooted, I tried to login and it acted like it was going to do something, but then the screen went blank and the login screen came back on again. I've changed the session type, but nothing, other than the failsafe, works. What is causing this problem, and what can I do to fix it? Thanks for any help!
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00
PowerBook Duo 210 vintage laptop
$120.00
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
Vintage 1984 Apple Macintosh MacWrite & MacPaint Boxed Set - Near Complete
$125.00
Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064 Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair
$149.99
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00
Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.
$199.99