klick the "penguin menu" (penguin icon bottom left on screen) and choose networking then netcardconfig. atleast the penguin menu i am certain of, i am not on knoppix just now so...
Hi I,m new to this communitty
I want to connect to internet through Linux (knoppic 3.3)
I have a sify broadband connection, Lan card
i have to enter the ip address, subnet mask,default gateway,
preferred dns server, alternate dns server. Then only i can connect to internet
I dont know how or where to enter all these details in knoppix
please help me[/quote]
klick the "penguin menu" (penguin icon bottom left on screen) and choose networking then netcardconfig. atleast the penguin menu i am certain of, i am not on knoppix just now so...
Venky,
(assuming you haven't succeeded in the past week... if you already have,
please post the methodology here).
add the ip and gateway details given by sify to the file /etc/network/interfaces.
(man /etc/network/interfaces in case of doubt).
However, there's something sify specific here. There's something to do with
a MAC address (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address). Something has
to be done about this one too. Please check this out and do let me know if
you succeed. (I am going to try it out later in the evening).
Hope this helps.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Lenovo IdeaPad S340-15IWL Laptop 15.6" Intel Core i3-8145U 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$126.65
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8-Core 16-Thread 4.6GHz Max Boost, 3.8 GHz Base
$170.00
$600.00
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98