how come it seems that everyone has the same exact problem...that realy blows, you would think it could be solved by now
Hi guys,
i downloaded knoppix and used it, well I tried to use my SpeedTouch 121G USB Dongle to connect to my WLAN. And it doesn't work.
I downloaded the Windowsdrivers.
I use Knoppix 5 Live CD EN
I use ndiswrapper like this:
So it installs the driver, i check this withCode:sudo ndiswrapper -i /home/knoppix/setup/Driver/BT4501G.inf
It returns:Code:sudo ndiswrapper -l
So it seems to work, but only seemsCode:bt4501g hardware present, driver present.
Then i do:
That one gives me an error, something like this:Code:sudo modprobe ndiswrapper
Anyone got ideas how to fix this?Code:FATAL: Error in ndiswrapper, could not load ndiswrapper
So far the Live CD looks great, except that problem[/i]
how come it seems that everyone has the same exact problem...that realy blows, you would think it could be solved by now
ndswrapper is only a stopgap measure and is known to not always work. See the wireless networking section of the wiki for a discussion of the wireless nic support issue. The bottom line is anyone who cares about Linux and open source should only support card makers who use chip makers who open their designs to the open source community. If you accept closed designs you are likely to get locked into Microsoft, and my not even get supported in future versions of the Windows OS like Vista.Originally Posted by superuser1985
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
no tips or suggestions regarding this post???does anyone else use the bwml5 inf file to load the driver? and were you successful??
I'm having the same problem. I've tried different .inf file combinations from various .exe -cutables but I still can't get it to work. I know it's not open source, but you can get a commercial solution that works at www.linuxant.com.Originally Posted by superuser1985
Hope this helps.
Stephen

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Used PC Corsair Vengeance Intel i7-4770 3.40GHz 16GB DDR3 Gtx 1050 Ti Msi
$135.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i5-12400 CPU 2.50GHz 6-Core 12-thread SRL5Y LGA 1700
$121.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99