Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Squirrelmail

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18

    Squirrelmail

    Hi, I'm not that clever with Linux, but I've managed to network it ok, and I've setup apache to host my website fine.
    My next project was to setup a mailserver with internal and external webmail. I've followed a few guides and installed Postfix, Dovecot and Squirrelmail, but I seem to have fallen at the final hurdle. -Cant get Squirrelmail to work.

    I believe I have Postfix and Dovecot up and running ok, and I can Telnet to the server and send mail via this sort of command

    Code:
    echo "hello" | mail {user}
    This produces me a text email file in /var/mail/ . This in itself I dont think is right, I'd have thought it would have created one in the users home directory? It also combines all the emails into the one text file instead of seperate ones?

    But my main problem is that I cant get Squirrelmail to talk to Dovecot/Postfix. I can get to the Squirrelmail login screen, and then login as a user, but once logged in it reports an error saying:

    Code:
    Error: Could not complete request
    
    Query: Select "INBOX"
    And then will not display the inbox for the user I've logged in as?

    So I think everything is up and running, it's just got to be slight configuration tweaks I think.

    So my questions are:

    1. How do I get to see the users inbox and emails when I log in?
    2. How do I change the location of where the system saves the emails?
    3. How do I setup the system to seperate each email into seperate files?


    Any help appreciated




    Mors

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18
    Fixed it. Nay worries



    Mors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$140.00



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD

$349.99