-
Mounting and fstab problems in 5.0.1
Hey all, recently I installed the 5.0.1 DVD to my hard drive using the "beginner" setting. I choose this because I've learned from my 3.8 and 3.9 systems that it's the only option which still includes support and auto-detection for stuff like USB dongles and external USB hard drives, or any USB device at that (I skipped 4.0 because it's beginner mode installer was bugged from the start).
The installation flew by in a half hour, and I booted with no problems at all. The fun started when I put in a CD. It gave me that "open in a new window" option, but lo and behold, it wouldn't mount; there was a problem with /dev/hdc in the /etc/fstab file. I went into fstab and added the hdc option, and afterward it mounted correctly. Then when I put a second CD in, I got the same problem and had to edit fstab a second time. After the third CD I got sick and tired and just mounted it through the console.
Now comes the USB flash drive. The system detected it, put an icon on my desktop and asked me to open it in the new window. It stalled and stopped, something about a "bad fs" and block device. I tried editing fstab for this, but I had no luck whatsoever.
I'm sure others have noticed this too. What gives?
I'm just curious to know, are there any ways to fix these at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Similar Threads
-
By stufoo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-19-2006, 02:40 AM
-
By jehan60188 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-24-2005, 09:46 PM
-
By kuser123 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 11:49 PM
-
By lawkie in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 02:04 PM
-
By Coume in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-24-2003, 06:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$1444.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe
$284.99

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99