Hello
I have an ASUS M5A
with an
1.Intel Pro/Wireles 2200BG
2.Realtek RTL8139/810x
adapters
when I go to /etc/network/interfaces
I don't see any adapters.
only the loopback
any ideas on how to get things runnig ?
Cheers
Hello
I have an ASUS M5A
with an
1.Intel Pro/Wireles 2200BG
2.Realtek RTL8139/810x
adapters
when I go to /etc/network/interfaces
I don't see any adapters.
only the loopback
any ideas on how to get things runnig ?
Cheers
What do you see when you type ifconfig -a ?
Looks like something is detected. eth0 is one or other of your network adapters. My guess is it is the Realtek 8139. Knoppix has much more problems with wireless, and it does have the driver module for the 8139. So if you can, disable the wireless first and try fixing the Realtek.
From your screen shot, your eth0 is not "UP". You need to bring it up. Open a root shell and type "ifconfig eth0 up". When done, type ifconfig -a again. Your should now see a line under eth0 which says "UP BROADCAST MULTICAST etc...."
If the card is now "UP", try to configure it using the Knoppix menu -> Network/Internet -> Network Card Configuration.

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set
$20.00