-
trying to retrieve files from corrupt windows
I cannot boot to windows so I booted up to knoppix using the cd. I have an external HD connected via usb port. My linux for dummies book tells me I have to change the attributes to read-write. When I click on the black terinal like it says, I get the error 'KDEInit could not launch "konsole"'.
I am very ignorant in linux. I just use it on one of our desktops to browse the web.
Any help would be appreciated. I would really like to retrieve all my files.
Thank you so much.
Similar Threads
-
By paul23 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-05-2009, 08:27 PM
-
By ade123007 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-20-2007, 09:05 PM
-
By wselzer in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 8
Last Post: 08-24-2006, 04:25 AM
-
By JOHNRR12 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 12:17 AM
-
By Mycroft1855 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-23-2003, 03:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Indus GT G.T. for Atari External Floppy Disk Drive w/ Case & Power Adapter
$199.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 410 Program Recorder Cassette Tape Drive for Atari 400/800 Computers
$150.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00