-
Senior Member
registered user
Ok back from booting the Presario upstairs with Knoppix 5.0.1 live CD.
Success! It confirms that it works with the live CD as well.
(I gave the full details just for the live CD in the Presario in my first posting so as not to over-load the post, with only passing mentions for VMPlayer etc. as it was completely representative of all test modes). I was interested to note that the VMPlayer-hosted image has VMWare's own 'pseudo' MAC hardware address - which makes sense of course - and its own IP address was allocated OK under DHCP, which I re-used in the non-DHCP set-up.
I'm using VMWare's recently released VMPlayer VMware-player-1.0.2-29634.tar.gz on Knoppix 3.7 with the libraries updated to Debian Sarge. So far I have found it to be 'transparently' representative of a 'real' set-up, except that the sound card doesn't work, but I haven't needed that for my applications.
Once again, many thanks for your help.
Similar Threads
-
By whil in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-27-2006, 08:09 PM
-
By belboz in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-01-2005, 07:46 PM
-
By evan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:41 PM
-
By ctav01 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-15-2004, 08:08 PM
-
By fabry6210 in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3
$185.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

NEW Cisco Mitel 6930 IP Phone VoIP Business Phone Black Sealed
$89.99