well..i had the same problem and all i did was write "failsafe" in the boot commandline. It skips usb, agp, etc detection. i dont no if it'll work since you are booting from an usb disk... but u could try... or just burn it on a cd.
Knoppix boot hangs after Loading minirt.gz....... when booting from an USB disk (with the Knoppix CD content on it) and there are other disks recognized as SCSI disk.
Background
I have an IBM T43 with a PATA (IDE) HDD (see http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:T43#footnotes) which is recognized as a SCSI disk under linux due to the SATA-to-PATA bridge. Furthermore I have an USB 20 GB FAT32 hard disk (the COWON iAUDIO M3) that contains the Knoppix 5.0.1 CD image (/knoppix and /boot directories with syslinux boot-enabled).
Detailed diagnostics
Negative: My USB HDD enabled Knoppix doesn't boot on my T43. After supplying the standard, expert or debug boot mode it hangs (doesn't continue) after the message "Loading minirt.gz.....". I think it's related to the internal HDD that is recognized as SCSI disk sda. Therefore the Knoppix USB HDD recognized as a SCSI device becomes not the first but the second SCSI device (sdb) assigned. I checked this with a Knoppix boot from CD drive (which is hdc).
Positive: As already stated, Knoppix is booting and running very well on my IBM T43 when using the CD drive as Knoppix root since the IDE drive hdc is used which doesn't conflict with the internal PATA disk aka /dev/sda. Additionally, I can also state that my USB HDD enabled Knoppix is working well since boot on an IBM X30 and a Dell D600 worked -- where the internal HDDs are recognized as IDE drives hda.
Solution?
I think I have to adapt the linuxrc script which is searching for the location of Knoppix and SCSI devices? Or does booting fail in an earlier state? How to enable Knoopix boot from the second SCSI drive (the USB HDD)? The solution must be flexible to cope also with a configuration where there's another internal HDD (sdb) -- where the USB disk becomes sdc -- and even if there are no IDE or SCSI devices.
TIA -- Sebastian
well..i had the same problem and all i did was write "failsafe" in the boot commandline. It skips usb, agp, etc detection. i dont no if it'll work since you are booting from an usb disk... but u could try... or just burn it on a cd.
I think modifying linuxrc don't help. I had same problem as you. I got a black screen after loading minirt.gz and kernel. There was only one little white spot seen. The solution in my case was to compile kernel myself with some more modules and remaster Knoppix. If you would like to try my kernel, that's available from http://linux.ilmainen.net/suomiknopp...7-beyond4-SMP/.Originally Posted by sebiklamar
-tapsa-

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON
$149.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung M391A1K43BB2-CTDQ 4 x 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 UDIMM RAM Memory
$140.00
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
4x8GB Samsung DDR4 2133MHz PC4-2133P 1Rx4 ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB Sansumg
$149.99