-
Modified kernel results in Kernel Panic - No init found.
I have seen several reports of this problem in the forum, but no solutions.
I tried to modify the kernel in a CD-boot Knoppix (I needed devfs support, so I grabbed the Knoppix-kernel-source package, kept the same kernel config except for devfs, and recompiled). When I boot the CD, it grabe root.img, and then gives the following message:
Kernel panic : No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel
If I use the default boot.img, my slightly modified Knoppix CD boots fine. It's only when I try to use the image with my kernel that I have problems.
When I made the new boot.img, I modified as little as possible. I kept the same mroot, I just replaced the kernel.
Is there something else I'm missing? Or, does anyone else have a working boot.img that includes a kernel with devfs support?
Thanks,
Todd
Similar Threads
-
By Haslemer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 08:39 PM
-
By ManiOne in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-11-2004, 11:36 AM
-
By MrAhmad in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 08:23 PM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 12:01 AM
-
By berdy in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 06:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99