Lots of information about why your disc might not boot in this system including tips on using SBM to help boot it in Answer #1.
I am trying to save files from this dell for a user. Have done all possible and I am now trying to use Knoppix 5.0 disc. The disc works on various machines, however, when I try to use it on the machine in question it won't boot. Here is what I have done, I went into the bios and disabled everything except the CDROM drive. It bypasses the drive and give error message "Invalid boot media in drive A". I can use the 2000 repair drive cd just fine. I am doing a scandisk repair right now.
How can I get the Knoppix to boot so I can recover the data files and reinstall the OS?
Lots of information about why your disc might not boot in this system including tips on using SBM to help boot it in Answer #1.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
I didn't resolve the Knoppix booting issue but the Windows MBR was corrupt. After finding the 2000 OS disk,I rebooted and repaired using FIXMBR. Machine booted right back up fine and is running fine. Next week I may see if Knoppix will now start on the machine.

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99
Intel Core i5-12500T 2.00 GHz LGA 1700 Desktop CPU Processor SRL5W
$119.99