Try this: from a root shell type: ifconfig ath0 up
Then type: ifconfig, by itself.
If it shows up there type: pump -i ath0
Then type ifconfig by itself again and see if it has obtained an ip address from the router, proceed with ping tests etc.
Cable Internet, Linksys router, WeG511t card, and knoppix 5 CD.
I got the card loaded, use ifconfig ath0 up and I auto connect to my router. (no security)
iwconfig shows my essid, signal, mac and all that jazz but no ip. I cannot ping anything but 127.0.0.1
Okay, same general issue as alot of people, but unlike what I've read, my card is ath0, so when I netcardconfig, I can't see it, only eth0-2 Therefore i can't say "yes" to DHCP to get an ip from the router.
Using Wan card config, I see my ath0, but that doesn't ask the DHCP question.
SO BASICALLY I'm stuck being connected to my router but not able to get an IP.
So please help me oh great Knoppix folks.
Try this: from a root shell type: ifconfig ath0 up
Then type: ifconfig, by itself.
If it shows up there type: pump -i ath0
Then type ifconfig by itself again and see if it has obtained an ip address from the router, proceed with ping tests etc.
I hope your a girl, causee i love you! I couldn't figure out the "pump" command. The bad part of linux man pages is you got to what manua to read....Originally Posted by rusty
now to be the 1337 h4ck3r..........
Okay, have another issue, Now when I goto the wireless manager it is trying to use the eth1 card (my broadcom) not my ath0 (511T) This happened after i started up WEP encryption and connected. All worked great but the wireless manager so I can check my signal strength.

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
1986-88 Antic Atari / Analog Computing Magazines Computer vtg LOT Collection 80s
$45.49
Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested
$25.46
VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00