-
Connection Issues.. And I suck in linux
Cable Internet, Linksys router, WeG511t card, and knoppix 5 CD.
I got the card loaded, use ifconfig ath0 up and I auto connect to my router. (no security)
iwconfig shows my essid, signal, mac and all that jazz but no ip. I cannot ping anything but 127.0.0.1
Okay, same general issue as alot of people, but unlike what I've read, my card is ath0, so when I netcardconfig, I can't see it, only eth0-2 Therefore i can't say "yes" to DHCP to get an ip from the router.
Using Wan card config, I see my ath0, but that doesn't ask the DHCP question.
SO BASICALLY I'm stuck being connected to my router but not able to get an IP.
So please help me oh great Knoppix folks.
Similar Threads
-
By simon.hibbs in forum Ideas
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-23-2010, 11:24 PM
-
By imperial237 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-26-2007, 01:13 PM
-
By Jakykong in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-14-2005, 08:36 AM
-
By crusty in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 03:30 AM
-
By Kethinov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 12:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99