-
OpenMosix and DHCP
This might be and probably is a n00b question.....but, how do I go about trying to get a network boot using terminal server if there is already a DHCP sever on the network. Whenever I boot a computer it loads PWE but when it is searching for the DHCP server it always returns the main Windowz server instead of my terminal server. Thus the boot fails. Some times I can get the network boot to load but it is far from a sure thing....
Another question I have is......when asked as to the IP range that the terminal server can delegate do i have to specify a range that is on the same sub domain as the terminal server itself? That is to say if the terminal servers IP is 192.168.20.111 can I specify a range that is 192.168.35.111 192.168.35.254? Also, is the range linked in any way to the IP that the client machine held previously?
Thank you for your time and replies
-
Senior Member
registered user
At home I have a linux router that is a dhcp server and I can PXE boot to a machine running knoppix terminal server or clusterKnoppix openMosix terminal server no problem.
However, at school (win2k) I cannot get the PXE boot disk to discover my terminal server. Go figure.
is the range linked in any way to the IP that the client machine held previously?
No, my machine that boots into linux with dhcp is 192.168.1.66, however when I gave terminal server the address range of 192.168.1.200 - 254 it came up as 192.168.1.200.
rock
-
This is my problem as well. When at home on a simple appliance based network it works. While on a server-delegated network, however, the connection fails. Any help?
-
Does nobody have an answer? I have fiddled with this for a week and gotten nowhere.
Anybody! please help me. I really like the idea of a Cluster but need to try it in a workable environment. Any help is greatly appreciated even if it is just speculation on what the problem may be. Once again thank you.
-
Senior Member
registered user
There is no simple way. If you have 2 dhcp servers on one network there isn't much you can do.
-
An answer I feared but suspected. At least I can put it to rest now. Thank you for your reply.
Similar Threads
-
By renaxgade in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 02:35 AM
-
By cybervet in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-27-2003, 11:44 PM
-
By ktheking in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 03:53 AM
-
By tyiooo in forum Networking
Replies: 19
Last Post: 06-11-2003, 09:28 AM
-
Replies: 23
Last Post: 06-06-2003, 12:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95