Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: how do I get it 2 work? I'm a novice.

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    how do I get it 2 work? I'm a novice.

    I've downloaded the lastest knoppix version and burned it onto a DVD, it was just a little over 700MB (2 big for a CD). I can't seem to get my system to boot up with it. I tapped F12 when loading up and selected boot from USB / CD. The dvd wasn't recognised.

    Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Probobly something simple like not burning the dvd correctly or I don't know the right way to boot it up.

    thanks,
    Andy

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Well, you're pretty much doing everything wrong; the iso is smalll enough to fit on a CD, my best guess is that you don't know how to read a file size (1 k = 1024 bytes) , you didn't check the md5 checksum, and you didn't follow the other instructions in the FAQ. See answer #1.

Similar Threads

  1. Mozilla profiles work for Windows and won't work for Musix
    By ml2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 08:36 PM
  2. I am a complete novice - knoppix won't get past fsck
    By sammiantha in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 06:53 PM
  3. Novice with Knoppix 3.6 - Crashed XP Hard Drive
    By hammonjc in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 03:59 PM
  4. Help me, its my dream,novice from India
    By anoop in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 10:42 PM
  5. knoppix novice in a jam!! Help
    By kodz in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2004, 05:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS picture

Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS

$100.00



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New picture

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New

$82.00



Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare picture

Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare

$199.99



Vintage PB-64 64K RAM Printer Buffer Parallel Computer Printer Interface picture

Vintage PB-64 64K RAM Printer Buffer Parallel Computer Printer Interface

$74.99



Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read* picture

Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*

$50.99



Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB picture

Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB

$49.99



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board. picture

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.

$135.37