Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: how do I get it 2 work? I'm a novice.

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    how do I get it 2 work? I'm a novice.

    I've downloaded the lastest knoppix version and burned it onto a DVD, it was just a little over 700MB (2 big for a CD). I can't seem to get my system to boot up with it. I tapped F12 when loading up and selected boot from USB / CD. The dvd wasn't recognised.

    Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Probobly something simple like not burning the dvd correctly or I don't know the right way to boot it up.

    thanks,
    Andy

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Well, you're pretty much doing everything wrong; the iso is smalll enough to fit on a CD, my best guess is that you don't know how to read a file size (1 k = 1024 bytes) , you didn't check the md5 checksum, and you didn't follow the other instructions in the FAQ. See answer #1.

Similar Threads

  1. Mozilla profiles work for Windows and won't work for Musix
    By ml2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 08:36 PM
  2. I am a complete novice - knoppix won't get past fsck
    By sammiantha in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 06:53 PM
  3. Novice with Knoppix 3.6 - Crashed XP Hard Drive
    By hammonjc in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 03:59 PM
  4. Help me, its my dream,novice from India
    By anoop in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 10:42 PM
  5. knoppix novice in a jam!! Help
    By kodz in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2004, 05:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



32GB KIT SAMSUNG M393A2K43CB2-CVFC0 PC4-2933Y-RE2-12-DC1/MH1 RDIMM ECC 16GBX2 picture

32GB KIT SAMSUNG M393A2K43CB2-CVFC0 PC4-2933Y-RE2-12-DC1/MH1 RDIMM ECC 16GBX2

$195.00



Lot Of 2 Samsung 64GB (1x64GB) 2Rx4 PC5-4800B DDR5 Ram ECC Server Memory Tested picture

Lot Of 2 Samsung 64GB (1x64GB) 2Rx4 PC5-4800B DDR5 Ram ECC Server Memory Tested

$4389.99



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$289.80



HYNIX HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK 32GB PC4-2666V 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

HYNIX HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK 32GB PC4-2666V 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$189.99